Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 October 2014

4th Post - Stone Edges

4-The short nap doesn't seem to fully freshen me up, but I can't dilly dally around. Evening is too short, so I went to the stream for a quick swim. Wet rag act like shield against the hot still blazing sun. I search around for some small rocks with peculiar sharp edges as well as one big flat rock. I intend to make a stone knife. Or maybe a stone axe. However, despite my enthusiasm, I almost give up. Wouldn't a bat made from branch enough you say? Why wouldn't I think that before? Yeah, right. I wouldn't be a nerd in my past life if I have that kind of guts.

Almost dusk and I am still not done with the experimental stone knives and axes. They just doesn't get sharp enough. Why I am really nite-picky on making them sharp? It is for the sake of the next step of my plan. I want to make a trap for rabbits after all. Just hole won't be enough. The trap must at least has sharp protruding spears made from bamboos or long branches and skewerd the rabbits to death when they fell into them. If other goblins fell into them? That problem can wait until after I can build the trap. I carry back all the stuffs I have been working on all evening, pick up more vines to use as ropes and some fruits for midnight snacks. Just like I thought, the fruits I collected during the morning were all gone, but there is a much more impressing matter need to be taken care off. I must finish making the stone knives and axes, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment